Round Fiberglass Pig Feeder
The Hog Slat round fiberglass feeder is designed to provide competitive feed conversion results while minimizing waste. Pigs activate the feed trough sweep bars while feeding, causing fresh feed to continue flowing while there are animals eating. Hog Slat® Round Fiberglass feeders feature heavy-duty powder coated steel frames, smooth hopper interiors; and offer multiple mounting options depending on barn layouts.Fresh feed falling encourages hogs to eat and also minimizes the amount of feed left standing in the bowl when they finish.
Features & Benefits
- Smooth interior of the one-piece fiberglass hopper helps feed flow and makes cleaning easier
- Reinforced sweep spindle axle is mounted through the bottom of the pan to prevent damage
- Internal bump bars in the hopper keep feed flowing and prevent bridging
- Rounded design reduces feeder crowding and takes up less floor space than rectangular feeders
- Rounded feed trough prevents build up and minimizes the chance for feed to spoil
- 4.5 bushel (213 pound) capacity hopper allows multiple filling options depending on needsl
Our proven Select-A-Flow adjustment design allows precise regulation of the internal feed cone. Hog Slat® Round Fiberglass feeders feature Select-A-Flow adjustment for precise feed control and internal bump bars that are activated during feeding to prevent bridging in the hopper.When the opening below the cone is increased, more feed falls as the trough sweeps are activated by feeding pigs. Easy adjustment minimizes labor and marked notches allow feeder settings to be easily replicated for each new group of pigs.
The Hog Slat round fiberglass hog feeder features powder coated steel angle top band and trough lip to protect the hopper and feed pan while hogs are feeding and when the feeder is removed or turned over for cleaning.
The round fiberglass feeder can be mounted several ways to meet existing or new barn and penning layouts. Floor straps are available to secure the feeder to sold or slatted flooring in stand-alone installations. Hog penning adapters are also available in 40”, 50” and 56” heights and bolt to the feeder to install it in the fence line between two pens. Welded tabs provide quick installation and removal of the feeder from the gating when feeders are cleaned.
Click the above image for more pictures