The GrowerSELECT® Grow-Disk™ feeding system offers a wide range of flexibility to provide swine feeding solutions in farrowing, gestation and finishing layouts. Our quality components are teamed with the GrowerSELECT Grow-Disk controller to reliably provide complete feed delivery system management.
- Grow-Disk gives producers the ability to feed multiple farrowing rooms, rows of gestation stalls, stanchion or finishing pens with a single system that gently conveys all types of feed.
- Grow-Disk isn’t controlled by a switch in the last feeder, meaning greater flexibility in pig management because pigs can be sorted from any pen without affecting the feed system’s operation.
- Grow-Disk systems only require two motors in most layouts; reducing total equipment and electrical wiring costs in new construction and remodel projects by allowing motors to be installed closest to where power enters the building.
The Grow-Disk drive unit case is constructed of 304 stainless steel and is powered by a high-efficiency 1-1/2 HP electric drive motor. The high-efficiency motor and matched gear box deliver the required torque to operate the system while keeping operational costs low.
GrowerSELECT Soft Starter (HSCD-100-SS)
Recommended on Grow-Disk installations greater than 1,000 feet in total length. The soft starter system reduces strain and start-up impact on system components by starting the drive unit motor slower over a period of 3 seconds before it reaches normal operating speed.
E-Z Clean Corner Wheel
A new innovation for chain disk feeding systems, the GrowerSELECT E-Z Clean Corner Wheel features a transparent door that permits visual inspection of the wheel’s interior. Three toggle latches hold the transparent door securely in place and allow it to be opened and flipped down to clean out any accumulated feed from the corners of the system.
Durable Corner Wheel
The Grow-Disk blue corner wheel makes 90 degree directional changes in the feed line, smoothly conveying feed around corners while minimizing damage to expensive pellet feed mixtures.
Grow-Disk galvanized metal feed tube is manufactured of 18 gauge steel to eliminate installation issues associated with PVC chain disk pipe.
GrowerSELECT Straight Drop Out
GrowerSELECT straight drop out adapters fit Grow-Disk pipe and can also be used on other chain disk system pipe.
- Easily drop feed from chain disk system pipes directly into gravity drop tubes
- Two-piece design allows drops to be installed without disassembling feed line
- Stainless steel clamps hold the drop securely in place and overlapping seams prevent water entry
- Positive shut off with pull ropes provides simple control of feed output and visual confirmation with green and red pull handles
HSCD-200 Grow-Disk Controller
The GrowerSELECT HSCD200 Grow-Disk controller is a CE certified standalone unit capable of managing feeding operations on both finishing and sow farm installations. A full color 7” LCD display features one touch language selection and provides quick visual status confirmation and text descriptions of current operations and settings.
Multiple Feeding Options
A proximity switch detects feed in the last drop tube or at the end of the Grow-Disk feed line. The control features a delay setting that allow animals to eat before the next feeding cycle starts.
Users can define up to 12 feed cycle start and dump times over the course of a 24 hour period.
Feed Now Option
Allows users to run feed cycle immediately without waiting for the next programmed feed cycle. This feature is specifically useful following a system fault. After feed now cycle completes, controller immediately returns back to automatic feed mode..
Optional Feed Dump Output
Feed dump settings can be configured on the control for an actuator or electric valve operation, controlling the specific time of day feed is dumped from sow drops. An optional input can be used for a security switch to ensure all feed dump actuators are closed before a feed cycle starts.
Manual Feeding and Dump Control
Users can manually start and stop feeding cycles and dump actuators when automatic operation is not required.
Multifunction Toggle Switch Input
A toggle switch can be connected to manually stop the system and then restart where it left off; or completely stop the system until the next feeding cycle.
Washdown Cycle Mode
Available in manual mode only, controller runs chain disk system 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off for a 4 hour period during barn wash down helping prevent moisture from causing feed caking and reduce water accumulation on system parts.
GrowerSELECT Proximity Switch
The Grow-Disk system offers ultimate flexibility in pig management thanks to the GrowerSELECT proximity switch that is used to notify the Grow-Disk controller when feed is present in the entire line, meaning that all open feeders in the system have been filled.