Hog Slat manufactures and supplies a complete line of economical steel penning and gating equipment for nursery pigs, wean-to-finish hogs and breeding swine barn confinement needs. Our swine penning equipment is fabricated in our USA manufacturing facilities; allowing us to control and ensure the quality of our gating products throughout the entire production process.
Hog Slat penning panels are available in the following standard height options:
31.5” H – 7 Rod: Nursery/Wean-to-Finish/Finishing
36” H – 8 Rod: Special Wean-to-Finish
40” H – 6 Rod: Standard Gestation/Breeding
40” H – 9 Rod: Special Gestation for Wean/Gilt Development
Hog Slat gating panels are combined with our bolt-on legs, brackets, drop rods and other installation accessories to create penning solutions in all phases of hog production.
Hog Slat Horizontal Gating Panels
- Standard penning fence panels feature 1/8” x 1-1/2” angle top bars
- Solid 1/2” horizontal rods and a beefy 3/4” solid rod bottom rail design endures wear from large hogs and barn environments for a long lifetime
- 2” vertical uprights are standard (1-1/2” available on request)
- Reliable finish quality welds you can depend on to minimize maintenance tasks
- Horizontal rods are spaced closer together toward the bottom of all gating panels to adequately contain pigs of all sizes, prevent injury and provide additional strength where it’s needed most
- Hog Slat gating panels are shot-blasted and treated before painting to remove any present rust, grease or scale
- Powder epoxy paint is electrostatically applied and oven-bake cured for a long lasting finish that provides superior protection versus dipped or sprayed conventional paint finishes from other manufacturers
- Available with hot-dipped galvanized finish for increased corrosion resistance (ASTM A123)
- Gating available to meet the barn design and equipment layouts for any grower or integrator requirements
- Since the late 1970’s, Hog Slat has built and installed penning in just about every type of swine building there is and can manufacture solutions that meet any unique needs existing in confinement pig production
- Standard wall/wall, aisle/wall, aisle/feeder, feeder/wall penning styles available in a variety of lengths; as well as other more unique design options built to fit your specific gating needs
Hog Slat penning, gate posts and other installation accessories are available in a long lasting corrosion resistant galvanized finish.
Installation & Repair Components
Hog Slat manufactures a broad selection of accessories for penning gate installation and repair available in unfinished steel, painted or galvanized finishes.
- Bolt-on legs for attaching fence panels to slatted or solid flooring (Select components available in stainless steel)
- Base floor plates, flat-bar and square-tube posts with/without base plates
- Double/Single aisle clips, flipper latches, latch clips, divider clips, divider clip pipes, post gussets and more
- Brackets for attaching gating panels to feeders and concrete/solid wall structures
- Gate rods for securing penning to brackets, posts and farrowing equipment
- Cast iron and stainless steel T-bolts for securing equipment to slatted flooring
- Wrench for installing or replacing T-bolts from the top of slatted flooring
Hog Slat Cut & Weld gating panels provide the ability to construct customized DIY penning solutions right on the farm.
DIY Cut & Weld Gating Panels
DIY cut and weld panels available that allow quick custom length gating solutions to be made right on the farm:
- Step 1: Knock tack-welded upright loose (the other upright is factory finish welded)
- Step 2: Move loosened upright to needed position on panel
- Step 3: Weld both the horizontal rods and also the top rail into place
- Step 4: Cut or grind extra un-needed length off
- Step 5: Add any needed clips, latches or pipes
- Step 6: Coat exposed steel/welds with Hog Slat blue paint (Item # 59722)
Item # 4470108160: 110” panel (for building 6’-9’ gates)
Item # 4470144160: 146” panel (for building 9’-12’ gates)