Appropriate maintenance and troubleshooting of a Grow-Disk chain feeding system will lead to smooth operation and a longer lifetime of the components.
Use this inspection checklist as a guide to maintaining your Grow-Disk feed system.
**Caution: Disconnect power before performing any maintenance.
- Monitor system amperage load
- Open unit and remove feed residue
- Check chain tension
Every 6 Months Inspection
- Remove dust from drive unit ventilator
- Check functioning of safety switch
- Check proximity switch
- Check any/all other safety devices or sensors
Once a Year Inspection
- Check idler wheel and drive sprocket for wear
- Check corners. Remove residue. Verify tube position.
- Check system wiring for damage
If you experience an issue with a Grow-Disk Feed System, initial machinery inspection is important. Any troubleshooting exercise should begin with a thorough investigation of the machine, process, design, operation, and system maintenance records. To assist in troubleshooting the Grow-Disk feed system, use the Grow-Disk Troubleshooting Chart.
To learn more about Grow-Disk feed system visit http://www.hogslat.com/grower-select-grow-disk-feed-system